Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ALL of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin7er View Post
Quote:
I am being told by both BMW Assist and T-Mobile that in order to activate the eSim in the 760 and get a hotspot, if you are not a pre-existing T-Mobile customer you have to:

1. Open a T-Mobile account and get a new phone number. Anywhere from $65.00 per month and up depending upon your age for unlimited plan.
2. Pull a credit report and ding your credit score
3. Buy a device to register that number with an IMEI.
4. After the above, you have the privilege of activating the eSim for an additional $20.00 per month.

Short of this fiasco, you don't get a hotspot in your $100,000 plus car.

This can't be true...
Oh, by the way, I went to use my 31 inch screen in the back for which I paid thousands upon thousands of dollars and I got a warning that said I can't use it because the eSim is not activated.

This all must be a bad dream because it would be impossible to believe that BMW actually planned all this.
Quote:
Quote:
I am being told by both BMW Assist and T-Mobile that in order to activate the eSim in the 760 and get a hotspot, if you are not a pre-existing T-Mobile customer you have to:

1. Open a T-Mobile account and get a new phone number. Anywhere from $65.00 per month and up depending upon your age for unlimited plan.
2. Pull a credit report and ding your credit score
3. Buy a device to register that number with an IMEI.
4. After the above, you have the privilege of activating the eSim for an additional $20.00 per month.

Short of this fiasco, you don't get a hotspot in your $100,000 plus car.

This can't be true...
Oh, by the way, I went to use my 31 inch screen in the back for which I paid thousands upon thousands of dollars and I got a warning that said I can't use it because the eSim is not activated.

This all must be a bad dream because it would be impossible to believe that BMW actually planned all this.

I feel your pain. I just paid $1300 for a new iPhone and now they're telling me I have to pay every month to send texts, make phone calls, and browse the internet. The nerve!!
Appreciate 1
Ibiza3611.50