View Single Post
      12-02-2022, 03:41 PM   #16
Lovin7er
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ditate View Post
I feel your pain. I just paid $1300 for a new iPhone and now they're telling me I have to pay every month to send texts, make phone calls, and browse the internet. The nerve!!
Well, I do get your point, but I don't think your point is valid.

First, every telephone carrier in the universe requires you to pay for service such as texts, and service to make calls. This is a poor parallel.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty certain, at least every car that I have owned, that with other cars, (I know Mercedes for certain) that regardless of what service you had on your personal telephone, you could call a company like AT&T and get connected to their Mobile Car Connect department and for $20.00 connect your car to their service and get a mobile hotspot in your car with the car's equipment.

Your comparison is ridiculous given what BMW is requiring you to do for a hotspot. To further my point, I just got a call from BMW and they said they are setting up the other major carriers because they understand the problem, but there is no date in sight.

Last edited by Lovin7er; 12-02-2022 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 1