Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760li

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melloco2201 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerswld34 View Post
OP, I was in a similar place as you a few months ago. I was leasing a 2020 F95 x5m competition with several months remaining in the lease (I've leased all bmws I've had since 2012). I saw a 19 m760 on the lot with low miles and about 2 years warranty left (some factory the rest CPO). I had been having a lot of engine trouble with the S63 engine (which is common with the n63/s63) so I was visiting the dealer often and kept seeing this car on the lot. Im not even sure the dealer fully knew what they had sitting there. I liked the look of the pre Lci 7er to the 2020+ (I have a 2021 740 leased) so this car ticked all the boxes for me and I'm the kind of person that likes having unique and special cars. What's more special than a twin turbo V12 which will no longer be offered soon?

I drive a lot (15k / yr) so I was skeptical about longevity. Given this would be the first car I bought in some time I tried to research issues with this motor. And I really couldn't find any. I also crossed with the rolls Royce cars as this motor is in a few RR models in a slightly different state of tune, and couldn't find much there either. I can't imagine RR would put an unreliable motor in their cars considering their type of clientele and brand. Nor would BMW at the original MSRP price points of $170k+.

So I pulled the trigger after driving it a few times and I do not regret it all. The drivetrain is so overbuilt that with proper maintenance I feel confident it will last a long time. Unlike the hot V8s that are very stressed to get the power, the N74 barely works to pump out 600+ hp. It also has the beefier VF transmission over the V8 and M V8 cars so it can handle a lot more torque than what it's currently tuned for. That's a good indication that you shouldn't have transmission issues.

I think like any BMW I've owned, there will be a lot of comfort or electronic failures over time. You have to expect that and it's luck of the draw. But from a drivetrain perspective, I think this is one of the most reliable and solid platforms BMW has offered for a very long time.

You will need to pay for some expensive maintenance items down the road but that should be expected with a V12 engine. But when you think about how much car you're buying for the price, it feels like a bargain to me. It is so much more refined and special to drive than the V8 version, and the V12 badge garners special treatment and attention.

And I love mine so much, I haven't missed my X5M comp at all (which was a dream car for me). Buy it, you won't be disappointed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerswld34 View Post
OP, I was in a similar place as you a few months ago. I was leasing a 2020 F95 x5m competition with several months remaining in the lease (I've leased all bmws I've had since 2012). I saw a 19 m760 on the lot with low miles and about 2 years warranty left (some factory the rest CPO). I had been having a lot of engine trouble with the S63 engine (which is common with the n63/s63) so I was visiting the dealer often and kept seeing this car on the lot. Im not even sure the dealer fully knew what they had sitting there. I liked the look of the pre Lci 7er to the 2020+ (I have a 2021 740 leased) so this car ticked all the boxes for me and I'm the kind of person that likes having unique and special cars. What's more special than a twin turbo V12 which will no longer be offered soon?

I drive a lot (15k / yr) so I was skeptical about longevity. Given this would be the first car I bought in some time I tried to research issues with this motor. And I really couldn't find any. I also crossed with the rolls Royce cars as this motor is in a few RR models in a slightly different state of tune, and couldn't find much there either. I can't imagine RR would put an unreliable motor in their cars considering their type of clientele and brand. Nor would BMW at the original MSRP price points of $170k+.

So I pulled the trigger after driving it a few times and I do not regret it all. The drivetrain is so overbuilt that with proper maintenance I feel confident it will last a long time. Unlike the hot V8s that are very stressed to get the power, the N74 barely works to pump out 600+ hp. It also has the beefier VF transmission over the V8 and M V8 cars so it can handle a lot more torque than what it's currently tuned for. That's a good indication that you shouldn't have transmission issues.

I think like any BMW I've owned, there will be a lot of comfort or electronic failures over time. You have to expect that and it's luck of the draw. But from a drivetrain perspective, I think this is one of the most reliable and solid platforms BMW has offered for a very long time.

You will need to pay for some expensive maintenance items down the road but that should be expected with a V12 engine. But when you think about how much car you're buying for the price, it feels like a bargain to me. It is so much more refined and special to drive than the V8 version, and the V12 badge garners special treatment and attention.

And I love mine so much, I haven't missed my X5M comp at all (which was a dream car for me). Buy it, you won't be disappointed
Hi
Your input def helps
Thank you
I really like the body style, it looks sportier, beefier than the current one and yes the v12 def makes special

I am more of a monthly payment kind of buyer

Buying this one on a 72 month finance or leasing a 750xi loaded for 36 months gives me the same payment. Doing a select finance on a new 22 m760 will cost me $700 more a month
So it makes the decision very hard

I am even thinking what the best option would be if i wanted to rent it the car out via TURO
I hv some clients that do that and this pays for their cars, or even getting an x6 m that i am told is more desirable

Right now ww have

X7 (wifes/ family car )
Jeep Wrangler ( moms / extra car)
M3 comp my car but i dont want to pile up miles
On it

I just returned a ram truck and a m850 cp lease

So i need an extra car
My wife has always wanted to hv a 7 but will leave it up to me

So as you can see i am all over the place lol
Lol yes you are all over the place. If you plan to rent it out, I would not get the V12 then. Lease the V8 and let it get abused by renters. Then you can turn it back to BMW and walk away. Lot less headache there

If you want a very special and exclusive car, buy the V12 and keep the miles low. You will adore it and it will likely hold value in the future due to the engine no longer being produced and the fading away of large displacement ICEs.

I would definitely not lease an X6M right now. Nor would I lease one to rent out. The payment would likely be considerably more than a 7er lease or even the v12 finance. The maintenance on them is expensive and often (think tires and brakes). Not to mention they are not leasing cheaply anymore and are nothing like a 7 in driving dynamics. I loved my X5M but having to do a full brake job of $5k every 2 years, and then summer tires every year at $2500, and winter tires every 2 years at $2500, it's just not worth it if you drive it a lot or are renting it out. It was also horrible on gas and the ride is a bit hard so you really need to want that type of vehicle. You already have an M car so unless you really want an X6M, I look away.

If you're a payment guy, and you have a fun M car to drive when you want, lease the 750 and enjoy. It will be slightly cheaper and you don't have to worry about issues. And you can rent it out if you want. The V12 is unlike any car I've ever driven. It is special and worth it but you have to know what you're getting if you go that route.
Appreciate 0