pugxs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2C View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugxs View Post
My 730d has had to go in for some warranty work and have been provided with a 745e as a loaner - the interior is a carbon copy of mine (Ivory with Piano Black Individual), but it feels different??

The loaner car leather feels more Matt and softer. Is this just because mine is a couple years old, or have they changed the leather since 2017 when mine was produced?

Also - how quick is a 745e, WOW...!!! That initial acceleration is like warp drive!
It could have Merino leather, did you notice extra cover i.e. on the door pockets?

It’s more likely that your Nappa has gone shiny over time and needs a proper clean. Have you had it from new and noticed a difference over time? Mine needs a wipe over every couple of weeks and a deep clean 2-3 times a year to maintain the matte finish and softness.
I don't recall any extra leather coverage over the door pockets but can have a look again in the morning.

No only had mine a few months - a late 2017 bought AUC from BMW. What's involved in a deep leather clean?
Appreciate 0