View Single Post
      08-01-2022, 05:56 PM   #92
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewQ View Post
I agree with previous poster. I'm laughing at the people on here decrying the design, the majority of whom couldn't afford it, and a significant minority could afford it, but don't buy cars like this (they like sports cars, etc.).

The point is, this car probably isn't for you, for one of those two reasons. It's not designed to appeal to you, so the fact that it doesn't, is not evidence of BMW's failure.

There's also a strong whiff of "back in my day" on here too, which can be summed up as "everything good ended after I exited my 20s".
There's always a lot of old men yelling at clouds. I'm not asking for BMW to stand still. I think they can both push the envelope and make a car that is more broadly attractive. Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes, etc. have no problem doing it. Even the Bangle designs were not like these. Beauty is subjective, but these are bordering on purposely uglified. I'm not a G80 grille hater either.

The 7 has the oldest and most conservative customer base. I'm not sure this is a winning strategy for this segment. I have no doubt it's an awesome car, but I predict Mercedes is going to sell a ton more S classes, unfortunately.
Appreciate 0