Thread: Car Play
View Single Post
      04-05-2021, 11:52 AM   #9
KJEEP
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 750i X Drive M Sport

Hi all.

New to this forum.

I just purchased a 2013 BMW 750i X Drive M Sport and couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Of course one of the very first things - after a thorough indy inspection by the local BMW mechanic - was to add CarPlay and Android Auto.

I was looking into the Bimmertech retrofit but was hesitant on the price.

Luckily I found a solution from Amazon that was MUCH more affordable. The price more than justified any reservations I had from using a Chinese solution.

The end result has been flawless. I retained use of the original mic and the system transitions from Carplay to Reverse Parking Camera and back again seamlessly.

Installation took me 30 minutes and I was able to utilize a space behind the screen for the module. For extra security and quality, I zip tied everything down and also made use of thick felt to cushion the module between the panel and display bracket. The USB and antenna (for Wireless CarPlay) was fed through to the glove box without needing to drill holes.

For this solution all I needed was access to the Harmon audio module. I didn't need to tap into the AUX port in the arm rest.

HTML Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YC37KYF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 0