View Single Post
      12-08-2018, 02:53 PM   #46
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I'm truly amazed anyone with any experience would dispute that winter tires don't perform as well as UHPAS in dry conditions. Winter tires are necessarily squishy in comparison... that a big part why Winter tires perform better in snow and ice. They're really soft, with a relatively deep tread and lots of sipes.

To me it's a matter of how you're biasing your tire setup. Winter tires are for someone that wants no compromises in snowy and/or icy conditions... at the expense of dry condition performance. This should be an accepted reality. My argument is that this bias towards snowy conditions is foolish for most people because of the limited time spent driving in these conditions.
You quoted me before I added the video. Go back and take a look at what Continental thinks. Sadly I think you input is based solely on opinion.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0