View Single Post
      12-21-2021, 12:34 PM   #87
Sedoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

I agree mostly, I think EV reviewers need to mention that EVs handle very good for their weight. Pound for pound, most EVs will outhandle ICE due to low center of gravity and the weight being evenly distributed between axles. Plus with independently controlled electric motors you can do really cool torque vectoring. For example, Model S Plaid just did 1.08G skidpad in C&D review, for comparison BMW M5 CS did 1.02G being like 700 lbs. lighter..
My problem is that people need to realize that they don't need that massive battery with 600+ miles of range, all they need is a fast & reliable changing network and 250+ miles of range. I will take a 3500 lbs 250 miles range EV with a good insulation (no stupid 8 ft glass roof) and a heat pump for cold days range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I love these guys but they sound disingenuous here, trying to sell a 5000 lb+ boat as some sort of corner carving driver's car.

I drive these canyons a lot, what matters most is having a small and light car. These massive EVs have their own gravitational pull, yet everybody in the media tries to hype them up as if they are Porsche 911s.

Last edited by Sedoy; 12-21-2021 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9702.50