View Single Post
      07-13-2019, 12:17 PM   #9
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

Hi jilin101,

Thanks for your comment, I created an account on BMW ConnectedDrive the day I received the vehicle and downloaded the app on the my phone. Under what section in the iDrive I need to sign-in? I cannot find it! The other thing I noticed from day 1 when I installed and configured the app, if I try to trigger a function like the horn as an example, it never works, the app would state "sending to vehicle" for quite sometime and then I see failed. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlin101 View Post
FS is full-screen, pertaining to Apple CarPlay if you decide to get it. By default, ID 5/6 CarPlay is split screen, but many people prefer being able to use the entire screen for Apple/Google/Waze maps.

In order for you to update your map, you need to create a Connected Drive account and add the VIN to your vehicles. Once you create the account, you can set your region for map update (you get 4 years (from the date of the original sale) of free over-the-air map update ). To get the map updates, you must also go into Connected Drive in your vehicle and log into the account.

I would also recommend you download the Connected Drive app to your smart phone, from which you can search destination and send it to your vehicle (instead of using the iDrive controller)--this does not require an active subscription as far as I know.
Appreciate 0