Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 750i G12 M Sport, '12 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrispy View Post
FWIW, I bought a 2016 with 50,000 miles on it a few months back. It was CPO'd, so still under that warranty until 5/31/21. I bought an extended warranty through my local BMW dealer to extend the CPO warranty another 3 years, with a max of 100,000 miles. I only drive about 9K per year, so I'll probably not hit that mileage number anyhow. The warranty is through Assurant who administers the BMW factory warranty. Total price for the extended warranty was $4507 and that gets me $0 deductible if I have the work done at my local dealer, and also was payable monthly over the course of a year with 0 interest. So officially I am prepaying an average of $125 per month for full warranty to cover me 3 years past my CPO. In the case of any major failure, it more than pays for itself. If the car never has any issues whatsoever, it paid for peace of mind that allowed me to sleep well during the next several years. haha
That seems like a good deal, CPO is Unlimited miles but Assurant is only 100K right.
That's correct. You can get more miles, but of course it costs more. CPO is unlimited because they are only dealing with a vehicle up to 5 years old. Extended warranty is potentially dealing with a vehicle 9 years old, so the wear and tear with high miles could really add up over that time.
Appreciate 0