lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten View Post
Not even in the same league as the system on the car and won't possibly be compatible with the other systems, especially if you have Autobahn Package.

There will be secondary application methods that will allow an override, they just aren't ready yet.
ok im a little bit confused, exactly how will we be able to lower the car? with an aftermarket lowering link/module, or just lowering the stock suspension? I would like to lower mine -30mm -- -40mm. just Want a simple lowering method that does not ruin the suspension. Lowering stock suspension or using lowering links/module are both considerable options.

AND i still want the lift system in the car to work though. in case of going over speed bumps, etc.
There will be several options:

1. Programming and coding (programming the heights, then coding speed values to prevent faults and "over-lowering". Waiting on the M760i and B7 to be released to see if those algorithms and values can simply be carried over.

2. Module (H&R will be the supplier and available direct from them or under 3rd party branding)

3. A new method I have some engineers working on currently. It will be the most versatile and easy method. I require 15k miles of testing without issues before release.

Now...-30mm is maximum but will be an issue with ride quality. That only leaves 30mm of suspension travel and it is not possible to change the theoretical spring rate. It will be very uncomfortable and constantly bottoming out on the bump stops. -40mm is not possible as that level triggers an emergency mode for the air compressor, the two holding tanks, the battery power distribution, and notification to BMW ConnectedDrive Services. This cannot be defeated.
Appreciate 1
Almaretto2374.00