View Single Post
      03-01-2020, 06:39 PM   #27
padrino
Alpina!
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
If it's the LCI 7-series, I would go for that but it will be way more expensive. I am not a fan of the pre-LCI 7 series, I just don't think it looks very good or special.

I've had several M cars and my lease was just up on my M550i. I ended up choosing between the F90 M5 and a 2020 7 series. I loved the look of the 7 LCI but M cars are just special cars....and regardless of what one wants to think, the M550i-branded cars look basic compared to the real thing. I went with the M5. Again, though, the LCI M760 would be the best of both worlds...
Driven an F90 M5 around town, a fun car but I don't like how cramped it is so I passed..

I've driven the 2018 Alpina B7 I have for two years now, almost 45K miles on the car, it's been fun and the frozen white really turns heads...

The 2020 M760i has been here for a week now and my son and I both like the 2020 more, although close in terms of overall speed they deliver power a little different, at speed the M760 does jump a bit faster, the Alpina comes along but it takes just a little bit longer to get moving when already moving at highway speeds... Off the line the Alpina does seem to get up a bit faster but the M760 is a new car so giving it a little more time to work in, and G-Power will be there for me shortly....

The engine is a different sound and the torque response is different than the Alpina in a good way, overall it's a win with some of the features of the 2020 making the cockpit experience better, and the V12 is hard to ignore..

With that said Alpina definitely has a better program for the transmission and it's a noticeable win over my 2016 750, and 2020 M760i, they all feel sluggish shift wise relative to the Alpina... That is one thing I am exploring with G-Power, want to see what they can do because my Alpina told me there is much more you can do relative to BMW's program on the 7 series...
Al Pină1839.50
Vinny49109.00