10-15-2020, 11:29 AM   #46
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
PP2 was already very close to a 1LE, close enough that I'd worry more about the driver than the car. The main issue with these cars, if you are trying to go fast, is the lack of torque down low. It's not horrible, but you gotta wring that smaller displacement up a lot higher to get the same thing, so area below the curve is a continual fight for the smaller displacement NA V8. Something like the 3.5 ecoboost with twin turbos would potentially be a better platform than their fixed-bore V8 engines, just for the purpose of going fast.
Honestly, I don’t think it’s as big of a deal. My 1st Gen Coyote (2014 GT) had 420HP and 380lb-ft. And it was still one of the fastest cars on an average track day.

This 3rd Gen Coyote makes 480hp and 420lb-ft. 35tq less than the SS. But the top end of the Coyote is better, and the car makes up for a slower start at the top end. It had a Redline of 7400 too, which is nice.

Also won’t suffer any of heat soaking issues of the FI motors.

PP2 was quick, but didn’t have the endurance. Rear did would overheat. This version will be quick for many more laps.

How much quicker than a 1LE? Dying to find out.

But still too expensive for what it is. We’re now approaching M2C territory in price!!
Appreciate 2
Moflow2484.50
David701567.00