04-23-2022, 09:02 AM   #28
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
As someone else pointed out, E30 cab's went to 1993 (I've owned one), 1994 according to Wikipedia (although, not US-market, I believe).

Yeah you can put on whatever bumpers you want and no one will ever know/care. My e30 passed CA light inspection without a third brake lamp. Our inspections are a joke.

I'm sorry but the other guy is right. Every E30 owner (for the past decade) calls the low profile metal bumpers "Euro bumpers" and the plastic bumpers...."Plastic bumpers". Maybe this was different 20 years ago.

To me it doesn't make any sense to call the plastic bumpers "Euro" because they came from the factory on US-spec cars...
I'm not an E30 owner in the "past decade"; I was an original owner of a 1989 E30 beginning in Nov. 1988. I took mine to 256,000 miles and sold it in 2006 when I bought my E90. I know the E30 very well, and well before the internet was a "thing". Genuine Bimmerheads from the 1970s and 1980s called the late-model plastic bumpers on the US Market E30 Euro-style bumpers back in the day. So I was off by a year on a few details; it was 30+ years ago, BFD.

LOL.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 04-23-2022 at 09:32 AM..
Appreciate 0