View Single Post
      11-27-2021, 04:57 PM   #7
mws
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8, X5M, M760i

Quote:
Originally Posted by golobulus5 View Post
I know with my 740 its actually faster if you don't use launch control. Also motor trend probably used 93 oct so might be a touch faster. Go out during one of these super cold nights. We can get -DA pretty easy here. I don't think anything is wrong with your car. Also dump the run flats.
right, in California, we are stuck with 91. I have 100 octane race gas that is catalytic-converter-compatible in the next town over. I could mix in a bit and see if it helps.

First run shown is with stock wheels and run flats. Agree with you. Dumping run flats as we speak (as in--I am driving to get my new tires on my new rims in a minute)

... and some NES forged wheels. need to weigh them with the final new Pirelli P Zeros, but with the Michelin Ps4s I tried, and my forged wheels, I had lost a whopping 11 lbs front each corner and 13.5 lbs rear each corner. This is weighing using an accurate hanging scale.

The lighter tires and wheels spun like mad on launch (for 1.4 seconds) until I aired them down from the shop's 45 psi or so, to around 36 psi., then still-- the G curve did not look great and my launch was no faster than 4 seconds. I am hoping the P Zeros will be stickier.

Still hoping someone else has a dragy and an M760i we can compare to. I know there are plenty of other BMW car/engine combos that are quick. Just bemoaning the lack of M760i data.
Appreciate 0