07-31-2017, 04:07 PM   #132
SpeedChamp
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
Go for a drive in a Tesla for a couple hours and then you're stuck waiting for it to charge back up. Sure a supercharger can almost top you off in 30 minutes, but just because Elon Musk says you should take a break from driving anyway, doesn't mean you want to. I like that I can go 400-500 miles on a tank of gas in the right car, but even if I can't, I can pull over fill up in a couple minutes and I'm back on the road. I think it was short sighted to get rid of the battery hot swap concept. They said no one used it. I was actually waiting for a solution like that because it negates the fill up advantage.

Plus do we really know all the environmental impact of pulling up all the metals needed for the batteries and the factories that create the batteries? And what happens with the spent batteries? Can they be recycled? I am reading they cannot for the most part.
Do you know you spend much more time refueling your ICE car than EV owners spend charging their Teslas? You charge your car in the OFF time 99% of the time and always have a car with lots of miles available to you. It's not like when you have an almost empty ICE car in your garage and you first need to hit the gas station to fill it up, which is plenty annoying.

And again, there is only such a small percentage that's driving MORE than what this early generation of EVs can already do, it's just nonsense to be so worried about the range. If you really drive a lot of plus 250-mile trips, then you just need to look for another car. I mean I don't tell my 65-year-old mother to drive a GT3 to get her groceries, do I.
Appreciate 1