View Single Post
      01-27-2017, 03:50 PM   #15
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
I've always considered -- and still consider -- any Pagani to be the most obscene, overwrought, self-important, contrived, egotistical vehicle ever cleared to operate on public roads. Even above the Veyron -- in fact, far and away more than the Veyron. That Pagani uses someone else's motor to power its cars only reinforces that feeling in me, because it's not a true supercar on the level of a Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Ferrari, Porsche, etc.

There's no denying the attention to detail, the highest-of-the-high-quality parts, and the performance. But it's an ultrabaked kit car. And, to my aesthetic, it's one of the ugliest. The snobbery involved in making them only makes them uglier -- and that I deal with holier-than-thou artsy fashion types every day and am saying this should speak volumes about my attitude toward Horatio and his cars. (At least Brunello Cucinelli, for instance, is a nice guy. Horacio's been an elitist ass in every place and situation I've seen him in).

YMMV. If I were gifted one of these, I'd sell it immediately.

Are you kidding? A Zonda R went around the 'ring faster than a P1, 918, or La Ferrari. And a Huayra holds the Top Gear lap record.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 1