AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
The front deservedly gets a lot of ire, but I also don't like the rear. It's plain and doesn't look befitting a flagship executive sedan. I think black masks most of the styling deficiencies, but it just doesn't have the classic beauty and executive presence of the S-class.

Now on the topic of the electric models...Mercedes isn't even in the same discussion. That car is a complete fail in comparison, in every measurable way.
I test drove a S class a few months ago. I do like the S class more classical design but when I got back into my G12 I immediately realized how much better the driving experience was in the BMW. The MB electronics were improved over their older MBux systems, but still nowhere near BMWs ergonomics. I would not go so far as to say the S class is a complete fail -- and it will likely continue to outsell the 7, but for me it was an easy choice, notwithstanding the controversial styling. I'm not buying an object of art to hang on the wall and the 7 is just better to drive.

Last edited by AlteBMW; 11-07-2022 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9731.00