View Single Post
      04-26-2024, 01:27 AM   #9
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchan8984 View Post
My check just cleared on 4/15. Hoping I get this in the next 2-weeks.

EDIT - just got it in the mail today!!
I got mine a few weeks ago. To use the stickers you'll need to get the new FasTrak CAV (Clean Air Vehicle) toll tag allowing you receive the discounts or free passage on bridges and express lanes (depending on how you many occupants you set the tag for: 1, 2 or 3+). I would wholly recommend you take a BART trip to FasTrak HQ at 375 Beale St. in SF (just take BART to the Embarcadero stop and walk 4-5 blocks) to obtain them personally and immediately. Bring the CAV certificate (or copy) you also received, your old/standard FasTrak should you have one, and your CDL and they'll provide you the new FasTrak CAV on the spot. This was easy for me to do since I'm retired, but if it's not possible for you to go personally, you can also accomplish the same thing online (pdf-ing your certificate)-- of course, who knows how long that turnaround will take....

https://www.bayareafastrak.org/en/su...-vehicle.shtml

BTW, you don't want to put your decals directly on your car. I bought the below-linked magnetic strips from Amazon for $7. You merely stick the decals on the strips, and cut around them, then adhere the magnetic strips above the L&R wheel wells of your car. You're supposed to put the smaller decals on the front of the car, but the magnetic strips won't adhere there (I'm leaving them in my glove compartment). You can leave the rear decals in your glove compartment and put them on only when you feel you'll be using them -- like a refrigerator picture-magnetic, you can put them on or remove them as often as you'd like. Remember, you only have until September 1st to utilize the program, then it's all over for you and me (officially ends January 1), so you effectively have only 4 1/2 months to use your CAV decals and FasTrak on the Express Lanes and bridges...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3BCFCDG...t_details&th=1
Appreciate 0