11-06-2019, 10:33 AM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7th View Post
... I am still confused why BMW is not giving a clear answer if I can actually replace RF with standard tyres.
You must have not considered even typing a google search about ditching run flat tires. This topic has been discussed to death on every BMW forum that I'm on where the vehicles came with them.

The biggest issue you'll have is...what to do in case you have a flat. If your car came with RF tires...then you probably don't have a spare. So if you ditch the RFs, you'll need to have a back up plan in case you get a flat.

Do you purchase a compact spareor do you go full size spare? Do you take your chances with a BMW tire mobility kit (an air compressor that also has a canister of BMW sealant)? Or will you just take your chances and place your fate in the hands of a roadside assistance service? Or perhaps you do a combination of all or some of the above?

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1