11-06-2019, 03:13 PM   #8
The7th
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 740xd M Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
You must have not considered even typing a google search about ditching run flat tires. This topic has been discussed to death on every BMW forum that I'm on where the vehicles came with them.

The biggest issue you'll have is...what to do in case you have a flat. If your car came with RF tires...then you probably don't have a spare. So if you ditch the RFs, you'll need to have a back up plan in case you get a flat.

Do you purchase a compact spareor do you go full size spare? Do you take your chances with a BMW tire mobility kit (an air compressor that also has a canister of BMW sealant)? Or will you just take your chances and place your fate in the hands of a roadside assistance service? Or perhaps you do a combination of all or some of the above?
Actually I have looked around. Some say it's ok some say not. I found out today that the xDrive system is a bit sensitive if we change the OEM ratios so yes the chances of affecting it are very high. In terms of back-up I have free rescue from BMW and my Insurance but I am aware of the lost time/stress etc - point taken . Thanks again!
Appreciate 0