View Single Post
      01-10-2020, 07:44 AM   #5
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

I had a brand new 540 with the iDrive 7 as a loaner. I don't like this new instrument cluster, taking away the round shape was a stupid mistake by BMW. Our instrument cluster on the pre-LCI look ten times better... I think in the 90s Chrysler or GM brought out a similar instrument cluster design on one of their minivans with this weird half rounded speedometer area! Why do I need the map info in the center when I can see it on much bigger scale on the iDrive screen as well get turn by turn direction on the HUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrispy View Post
I had my '16 750 in for oil change and new spark plugs, and was given a 2020 loaner. For the most part it was identical inside (headed armrest was interesting though). The NAV map however instantly stood out as being slightly different. It's almost like they took the '16 map graphics and made them slightly uglier, adding a look from the old maps in my daughters '12 528. That was weird, but the new instrument cluster was nice, especially the music artwork option on the right side. I much prefer having the music artwork there, and then the map on the main screen. Audi's huge map in the instrument cluster looks cool at first, but I would prefer the main screen to handle the map info. The resolution of the instrument cluster could stand to be a little better and then it would be extremely nice. My brother in law just got a new Nordictrack treadmill with a Peloton style screen, and the resolution on it is sadly amazing in comparison. On the exterior, the grill was hideous of course, so I had zero desires for an upgrade after seeing that I'm not missing out on too much... just the cool artwork in the cluster is about the only thing that really appealed to me.
Appreciate 0