________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
I think HAM was confused as to why Max slowed and he didn't trust Max not to try to hit him during the overtake. But regardless of anything HAM knew or didn't know, Max decided to swerve and slam on the brakes himself. Max is responsible for his actions and should've received a more harsh penalty for it. At least despite all of Max's dirty moves during the race... it was all for nothing as Lewis won anyway. Their gamble to put Max on mediums just so he could get off the line better did not pay off.
He wasn't confused, Bono told him "FIA asked Max swap positions" well before the incident in car feed (note it has an embedded 3-5 sec delay). As far as whether he trusted Max not to hit him is largely irrelevant to my point about character.

No one has clean hands here, Hammy restart antics, bottas safety car antics and Hammy's move to run Max of track after one of the restarts shows how this has denigrated into Sports Entertainment.

It's not good vs evil, it's a youth phenomenon vs a Wiley old fox. Everything on the planet goes through this. Nobody wants to kill anyone.
Do you mind show us when and where Ham tried to "run Max off track"?

Agreed on Bottas's holding up though. It was funny how they (as a team) held people up and they complained about the red flag and their ability to change tires then…

I see those as the same as tire changing strategies and position changing within teams. Strategy is a big part of this game, and has always been (even more so when we had refuelling).

To say different kinda shows me that you don't know the sport very well? Maybe you do and just has a different opinion, which is fine. However, let's remember that it isn't just "drivers on their own being nice and allowing space and others pass when they have a faster pace". This isn't HPDE, or an open track day.

They'll still communicate with teams on radio, etc. it isn't just a one man show when it comes to racing at the highest level.
Appreciate 2
irunalot1518.00
F87source7310.50