jyeoh
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Hehe thanks for that bro

Anyways:
I'm not a fan of this aftermarket modification.

IMHO, the upcoming M760Li should be a better interpretation of a G12 flagship variant.
Dear sir, ALPINA was recognized by the German ministry of transport as a car manufacturer in 1983. ALPINA cars are not taken apart and modified, but built ground up, according to ALPINA specs in BMW plants, along with other BMWs, have factory warranty and sold by authorized BMW dealerships around the world, although some countries there are stand alone ALPINA dealerships such as in Japan and Singapore. Thus, it is not a tuner like Brabus, Hartge, AC etc....

In essence, the main difference between an M and ALPINA is the delivery of power as well as aesthetics. All M cars use DCT while all ALPINA cars use a reinforced ZF 8 speed auto. M cars are more track focused, loud and look more aggressive. ALPINA cars are more refined, understated and exclusive.

Those boring looking aerokits are wind tunnel tested enabling ALPINA cars to have a higher top speed than the equivalent Ms (an ALPINA B3 can hit 305kmh). Their philosophy is form follows function, so that 'boring' 20 spoke wheel design which they still use after 50 years, is actually the most aerodynamic wheel design for high speed stability (at high speed, the surface becomes flat, thus no air can cut through) The air valve is also hidden in one of the spokes for aerodynamic purposes.

Treat ALPINA as a limited edition BMW (why would BMW assemble a tuner car in their own plant AND give at factory warranty?) with only 1700 units produced worldwide yearly making them precious metal which would even appreciate in value in future(in Japan the waiting list is more than a year with people lining up to book), then you would appreciate it the way I do. In South east Asia, these cars are fit for royalty, with many of them buying few units at a time for the private collection.

So, whichever rocks your boat, cos some people may find Kim K a goddess, but to me she's a fat elephant. hahaha

M and ALPINA rules, life is too short to be driving an AMG
Appreciate 0