11-04-2022, 02:47 PM   #6684
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
Ok, the "quit whining" part was more tongue in cheek than anything else, I thought my jealousy at the suppressor option was going to make that obvious, but perhaps not. Its easy to assume your point will be taken in the way you thought you wrote it, but it isn't necessarily so. No castigation meant.

But to your second point I don't believe I said it is the reason for any of the problems you have, but I think it has LED to a number of the problems you have. A firearm in and of itself is nothing more than some materials constructed together to serve a purpose and it is not dangerous unless it is misused. Same thing for vehicles, etc.

But the various socioeconomic factors present in the States (of which they also exist up here, partially to a smaller degree given a lower population) coupled with the easy availability to obtain a firearm (2A) when you want to do something about it vs the potentially more difficult options (vehicles say) is why I think it has LED to a lot of the problems.
OK. My back is killing me and I'm a bit fiesty.

Look I think the 2nd hasn't changed anything, and I get a bit sensitive when a non US citizen opines on the subject. We have problems no doubt. But IMO our murder rate would be unchanged if we adopted the same laws as the UK or Canada. In fact I believe it would worsen as the criminals will not give up their guns. The innocents would suffer more.
Appreciate 4