View Single Post
      01-22-2020, 10:05 AM   #14
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Just remember...the REST feature (use in cold weather) and the Parked Ventilation feature (use in hot weather) perform the same function...at least it does on my f06. I also use this in the summer on really hot days...when I'm parking in a dark location that doesn't have a lot of air movement (like my garage or parked face-in toward a concrete wall). This helps evaporate moisture and condensate & facilitates the prevention of the growth of bacteria and mold (which loves dark damp places) that can cause that AC funky smell that many owners experience when they first turn on the system.

When temps are above the REST threshold (approx 71° F)...if you press the fan speed button...it will keep the HVAC blower running to keep air circulating through the cabin on those hot summer days. So if you're running errands and you don't want to come back to an oven where the interior has risen to 180° F ...you can do the same thing you did in the winter with the REST feature.

BTW, I got caught at a long train (it actually came to a complete stop at one point) Monday night...and laughed to myself as to if I was jinxed due to just talking about the REST feature.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0