View Single Post
      06-12-2015, 01:56 PM   #71
CesaroM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: a6

Overall a heavy evolution of the F01

When you look closely there are a lot of things changed , although mild in terms of design a lot of new stuff underneath though

It appears that the roof has been stretched on the G11 and from certain angles it looks a bit like a hatchback compared to the F01 , is this odd or more practical? If you ask me I say more space in the back and the whole side of the car appears to be somehow stretched and long , and it is a longer car swb is now 5,10m! (E39 4,98m) but somehow the width is the same from e66 1902mm , F01 1902mm and now G11 1902mm (that's really interesting!)..The F01 had a more muscular rear imo , the interior design is really good , although I expected more , at least the secondary lcd for the front passenger , or a full digital bigger cluster with redesigned font numbers and letters , the interior lightning and roof really kick ass , and the fragrance ? that's really cool but so untypical for bmw.
Overall big step forward here , however there is a V12 missing , or something more potent to compete against the S65 AMG. IMO BMW needs an 8series a big 2 door coupe similar to the S Class Coupe...If S class coupe sells then so should the 8 series. There is clearly a market for this kind of car. No doubt in my mind.
It's really ming boggling for me that bmw can't see that...
Appreciate 0