08-24-2015, 08:21 AM   #37
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Unfortunately though, since there is no intention for BMW to build an M7, then it is highly likely that the Audi S8 PLUS will easily beat the performance of the upcoming Alpina B7.
Not many people who would buy a 7 series to compare performance spec. It's a highway cruiser. I had a 750Li, I just loved the road presence and the V8. It handled great for a big car.

Audi's S8 Plus will be at 605HP. BMW Alpina B7 has 600HP and weigh about the same as the S8 Plus. BMW xDrive is actually superior compared to Audi's outdated Quattro (for handling). BMW is near 50/50 balance while Audis struggle being front heavy. Audis tend to understeer vs BMWs oversteer (more desirable to oversteer). Don't be so sure yet that Audi S8 Plus is the faster/better/more fun to drive car.

Example: My X5M on paper, seems like it would be slower than a $175k Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. But it's not...

Last thing to consider, the Alpina cars are rare. It would be a collectible worth good money if you hang on to it. Not sure if any Audi S8 will be a collectible's item.

Last edited by JNoSol; 08-24-2015 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0