View Single Post
      10-18-2018, 10:06 PM   #2
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Sorry for the bother everyone, but I’m losing my mind!

Car has been at the dealer for the past 2.5 months.

Mechatronics unit and guibo flex disc replaced.

I road tested this past Monday, and upon doing so, a chassis stabilization message came up; happened when accelerating during a U-turn.

Error went away after a bit, but I was able to reproduce upon doing same a second time. Thankfully, I was able to get the photos attached.

Dealer scanned the car and determined it needs a transfer case. From what I understand, however, the code went away after scanning and a GEICO inspector was unable to view the code upon visiting.

GEICO states they can send an inspector out again if the message comes back, but I don’t understand how the dealer wasn’t able to save the code so the inspector could view same!?

Also, what does it mean when a message comes and goes on the screen; that it doesn’t remain? Apparently the dealer was still able to pull a code without the message being on the screen.

Please also view the following videos re. another separate concern regarding a noise (note the titles of the videos include the times at which the noise happens in the videos):

It's a popping noise from front driver’s side, which can usually be reproduced on the lip of the driveway, and occurs during steering, most of the time when the car is in motion (usually making a left turn, or backing up to the right, after having turned the wheel to the right). Sounds like something popping / loose / not ‘torqued’ down properly.

Seems to happen when moving over parts of the road that aren’t completely flat or turning onto the lip of a driveway, and then backing up over same (to turn around). One or two times the noise also happened upon hard braking (when going straight), when weight shifted to the nose of the car.

Dealer replaced several underbody panels, but can’t figure it out; many other front end parts have been replaced in recent time as well.

What the hell is going on!?

Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0