View Single Post
      06-04-2023, 09:24 PM   #94
ralsagoff
Rep
Drives: bmw i5 x45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Don't tell that to all the Mercedes/S Class enthusiasts that shop with their eyes only. The G11/G12 was arguably more tech-advanced than the W222.

The problem with the 7er is despite how feature-packed and how much better the quality, it doesn't look like one cohesive product. You can see the good stuff individually but as a overall package, the S Class does a way better job.
The EQS 450 and 580 have lost their German teutonic heritage. I test drove the 450 and while it drove well, the interior of the car was like being in a las vegas bordello with all the flashing led lights and cheap plastic. Cancelled my reservation and it’s now a toss up between the i7 and the Lucid. The Mercedes 500 & 600 S Class has always been a very classy high quality car with a restraint interior. Too bad they decided to change tact completely with their EV models. BMW have done a better job of maintaining their design lines. Yes the grill does get getting used to but look at Lexus with their grills. The i7 looks a lot better with the silver trim and non sports front look. Much closer to the high end Bentley or Rolls limo look.
Appreciate 0