View Single Post
      12-18-2022, 02:22 PM   #987
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
This article is written by a former Liberal Member of parliament in Canada. It's worth the read as it discusses why Switzerland is considering a ban on the use of EV's during winter months.

https://www.affordableenergy.ca/the_...ZdGvptjlFOYMPM
In prior discussions about how we are supposed to charge these EV's, many pro EV advocates have stated that by creating demand, the supply will be motivated to meet that demand.

OK, lets think this through... I demand more of X. X is finite. laws of supply and demand dictates that this will increase the price of X. If X increases in price, there is motivation to make more of X. Where does X come from? that's the problem, X is finite...

OK, lets just make a new X. OK, how? oh, we'll figure that out when we get there.

Good luck

Many communities in my vicinity are banning natural gas on all new construction. It's a mandate to wean those communities off of "dirty carbon energy". Ok, what will replace all those BTU's used to heat homes, heat their water, and cook their food? the answer is always : The power grid will supply it. OK, where will all that extra power come from, and who will pay for those upgrades? the answer is always : somebody else will figure it out.

It's an unfunded mandate with no foresight. Kind of like climbing a tree to prune its limbs, and cutting off the branch you are standing on. Have fun with the fall, hope you have a pain free landing. Hint, you won't like what happens next.
Appreciate 0