View Single Post
      06-28-2007, 07:55 AM   #6
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

I'd like to see some closeups of the front...eg, are the amber turn indicators on the inside of the array of lights? Looks like it in the photo-
runs counter to logic and safety if so.

But that's a minor quibble.
What I would like to see are some photos of the car in real lighting...not the glitzy photoshopped backgrounds.
I know that's the way products are brought to us, but I'd like to see BMW take a new trend- a sort of new sobriety that still celebrates the joy of the car but acknowledeges reality...ala the gorgeous Hans Stuck photos in the 1-er and just about any photo on Carfreaks.net.

Perhaps there's a different psychology in Europe- but I'm so over photoshopped Playboy bunny presentations. Don't mean to quibble- but this launch is a great platform to inagurate an aesthetic that captures the times as well as the moment. An interpretation of the bright shiny object that links up to a new reality....which the 1-er emblemizes, ie, a return via cutting-edge technology to earlier icons such as the 2002 and BMW's historical link to small, fast, premium automobiles.
Just a thought.
Appreciate 0