View Single Post
      08-03-2023, 08:55 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Question...how do you have your door/lock setting? Do ALL doors unlock when you use your fob or comfort access? Or do you have selective central locking checked off in iDrive...this is where only the driver's door unlocks with first remote fob button press or touch of driver's door CA ridges on the door handle?

If you have the latter option selected (driver's door only unlocks with 1st press of remote fob or CA door ridges)...are you saying that your passenger doors can be opened (when they are locked) and the fob is inside the car?

Make sure you have DRIVER'S DOOR ONLY selected...especially if you drive most time alone...this will keep all the passengers doors locked unless you press the remote fob or CA door handle ridges a second time:

Also...if you have TAILGATE + DOORS selected...anytime you open the trunk/tailgate...all the doors will unlock, too. And if you were only putting something in the trunk, and not getting into the car...the doors will remain UNLOCKED if you walk away and don't re-lock the vehicle. This is why I have TAILGATE ONLY selected...it will only unlock the trunk/tailgate when I use that button or manually open the trunk/tailgate. I can shut the trunk/tailgate and walk away without having to RE-LOCK the vehicle.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 08-03-2023 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 0