View Single Post
      12-30-2023, 02:49 PM   #16
florinant93
Rep
Drives: 2022 745Le LCI, 2023 530e LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnotjess View Post
Hi, new member here but I have a 2020 LCI M760 also - would be interested to know how you get in with the bigger screen and the dynamic light.

I’m also in the UK so let me know how you get on with parts.
managed to buy a 12 inch screen for £230. didn't install it yet but will do in the next week or two.
in regards to the dynamic light, no luck yet. I have found a setting in the BDC 3 module which I've activated, but I still can't see the checkbox under the ambient light settings. need to dive in deeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
Interested…
I was very surprised when the LCI was revealed with the same older screen size… Until today, am hopping someone can share more info about retrofitting a larger screen..
even though the process is pretty straightforward (plug and play-ish), there is an insightful tutorial, albeit in korean. google translate should suffice
https://www.cocoa.ne.jp/archives/12882

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
I can see why they decided to keep the 10" display. It's size is completely adequate and it looks a lot sleeker in that vehicle. I have seen few photos of 12" displays in G11/12 and it looks rather hideous and glaringly unintegrated with its higher and boxy proportions.

We really need to ask ourselves what are we trying the achieve with this modification.

for me it's more of a challenge, I like tinkering stuff. I would've preffered the 12inch screen as standard, the satnav looks much better on it and the colours are brighter. I will keep the 10inch screen as a spare for when I will sell the car or get bored of the 12 inch one.
Appreciate 1
Raimo5191.50