Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E65, F01, F01, now G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bportman86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAX745i View Post
Curious to know what brand of wrap your using?
3M 1080 gloss black
3M wrap, good material. Stretches very nice

I would start with the smaller pieces on the tail lights first. PLEASE MAKE SURE TAIL LIGHT AND CHROME STRIP ARE SUPER CLEAN. Very important to have surfaces perfectly clean. Sometimes you need to peel back some of the vinyl to reapply, and if it picks up dirt, good luck getting it to stick again. If surfaces clean, you can peel back 5-10 times without ruining glue.

Dont work with a piece of vinyl thats way oversized. Easier to work with and minimal wasteage if you have to redo a piece.
Use HEAT-GUN for best results.
Work in a dust free environment. Youll see every piece of dust push a spot in the vinyl. Wet the area around where your working to prevent dust from kicking up under the vinyl while you work.
If its your first time, you can mist water on the surfaces and it allows for peeling back easier if you make a mistake, just make sure to apply vinyl from one side to the other to minimize air/water bubbles under material.
Once your done, you may notice a few bubbles under the wrap, work the air/water bubble into a small area then poke it with xacto knife, and work air/water out the little hole. 3M vinyl is self healing, so after you work out air pockets, apply some heat and massage piece and voila. Perfecto.

I redid my piece in Carbon. What u think?
Attached Images