03-09-2019, 07:26 PM   #119
MYN63X5
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 xDrive50i

Garage List
Service Bulletin B001314

Hey Everyone, been browsing the forum for a while, but just registered as a member today. I did so because of this posting right here. I just purchased a 2011 BMW X5 xDrive50i and have had a few bumps in the road since I got her. One month into it, it wouldn't start for like 30 mins and when it did every dash alarm possible was on. Turned out to be Low Pressure Fuel pump. And if it wasn't me being pissed off and making it an issue with the stealership I would have had to pay for it, but I didn't. All was well all about a month ago. It went into Limp mode and threw codes showing cylinders 5 and 6 misfiring. Changed out the Spark plugs and the Coil Packs for the affected cylinders but did not fix the issue. So the only thing I can think of, and the suggestion of the stealership service advisor was the fuel injectors. Upon which they quoted me close to $3k for the repair!! Then today I saw this post about the BMW Service Bulletin (B001314) that speaks directly to this issue and that it should be covered. I called BMW and all they tell me is there are no Active Recalls for my vehicle. But did admit that there could be Serve Bulletins out there for my X5 but they couldn't confirm that unless I bring the X5 into them.
So Monday I will bring her into them and let them do what they need to do to verify the service bulletin, and I will ask if there are any others that would apply and to have that work too. SOOOO THANK YOU FOR THIS POSTING!!! I hope it makes the difference between breaking the bank and getting it fixed for free.

Anyone know of any other Service Bulletins that may apply to my X5?
Appreciate 0