View Single Post
      11-04-2021, 10:25 PM   #83
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Neither do first world countries. I travel in every major city in the United States every year and no one has the infrastructure for this yet.
EV owners don't charge the way you think. The chargers you're not seeing (because you're not really paying attention - they are everywhere: proper Tesla Superchargers, their equivalents, and those little things that every big box store has installed) are a secondary means of getting energy into the batteries. They're only needed on longer trips. Most of the time EVs are charged at home.

The civilized parts of the US are not getting their electricity from coal and won't need it no matter how many EVs are put on the road because solar and wind are dirt cheap. Check where all the new power is coming from these days and how much it costs - you'll be surprised.

But like I said - there's the 3rd world and its equivalent parts of the US where this won't work, at least for a while. They'll keep buying their 330i dealer lot specials and think they're on the top of the world.
Appreciate 1
Tallest1320.50