View Single Post
      07-01-2019, 04:17 PM   #1979
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
It's really sad and heart-breaking to see animals lying dead on the road.
Couple years back my ex-girlfriend ran over a cat who came out suddenly out of nowhere and it was kinda dark, her old Honda Accord headlights also didn't help but when I looked back immediately it was lying motionless on the road, we were a block away from her place. I told her it was nothing and she had no idea if the cat escaped or not. I immediately went back and found the cat laying dead, I love cats, it was really sad, I picked the cat up and placed it by the side of the road, had no idea what to do with it. I went back and told her it wasn't there, it would've crushed her as even she loves animals and had a dog and a cat.
Probably off topic but shared it anyway
Oh, also, narrowly escaped hitting a huge turkey last night.
I'm with you. The orange fury psychopath that I share my domicile with, Hamilton the beast, likes to bring various small fury creatures to the front door or the back deck, if we are sitting outside. He will bring them to you, lay them at your feet, meow, then rub against your legs waiting for accolades, then bite their heads off. Mice, moles, rabbits, etc. Friday night, he claws at the front door and lets out the "Hurry up assholes, open the door I bring you gifts" meow. I open the door and he has brought home the tiniest baby rabbit. The rabbit being equal parts scared to death and chill as can be, lets me pick it up. I inspect it and he has no puncture marks. Hamilton has been sparing with it's life. I bring it inside, show the girlfriend, we go on for a few minutes about how damn cute it is, snap a few pics and post on instagram; then I release this adorable creature back into the wild. For good measure I keep Hamilton inside for the rest of the evening in order to give the little guy a sporting chance. The next day Hamilton is released to the wild whilst I mow the yard. While mowing I find said baby rabbit with it's head missing. Better that I found it rather than Hamilton bringing it to the girlfriend for praise. Ugh. Poor rabbit, but at the same time it's not like I can be upset with this killing machine doing what it was made to do.
Appreciate 0