View Single Post
      05-25-2022, 11:55 AM   #25
Ugly Kar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 to C43 Cab to G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by E66er View Post
BMW sales is great globally. There were no great discounts in my country.

BMW also overtook Mercedes during the Bangle years. Had they gone with "normal" designs, it would have doubled up on Mercedes sales right? Sure
Once again, all you can do is create a straw man. Just who is advocating "normal designs" and what exactly is a "normal design"?

Did you know Chris Bangle designed the E92, one of the best looking BMW's ever?? And some other designs that helped BMW break sales records. The ugly Bangled Butt, was actually a Adriann VonHoydaank (sp?) design.

And when did I say this 7 series was fugly?? I agree exactly with what Frank said. Unfortunately, that's becoming the common theme with new BMW's, it COULD'VE been beautiful, if not for a few unconscionable mishaps.

Frank nailed it when he said the new 7 has a great line, and it's awesome how the rear tail lights line up, but why give it spider eyes?

The G8X has great lines and a great body shape, COULD'VE been incredible, but they had to put a pig snout on it.

The G42 has a great shape, but they had to put real odd shape tail lights on it that don't line up with the vehicle horizontal line. They also had to put ugly headlights and triangles on the front and black rocker panels. Just a few things from it being beautiful.

Despite that, I still bought one because nothing else drives like it and that's why BMW is selling every car they can make. The Audi S3, S4 look much better, all the lines and angles line up and flow, but no way in hell I buy a raspy 4 cylinder for more $. Even so, try getting an Audi at MSRP, and you'll wait a year, not like the 6 mos for a BMW.

Even Cadillac is making better looking cars, has some great new designs. Try getting a CT5-V at all!! But they certainly aren't going to drive like a BMW.

Just give me a car that doesn't have some weird shape that makes me go or some cheap tacked on ipad from dollar family as a dash.
Appreciate 0