06-18-2020, 08:10 AM   #12
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf6cyl View Post
Yes Porsche does charge you for what you get and you get what you pay for. I will tell you though, Porsche parts, and their leather are a step or two above BMW. Not only that they’re screwed together better. And beyond that, the paint quality is better, the controls are better, the seat motors are crisper in their operation, etc. Having owned many, as mentioned, the small things stand out more and more.
My Macan GTS was a ~80K msrp, my M5C was 115K, yet the Macan GTS felt and looked like the more expensive car. Now, had I spent another 3-5k on leather, it would have been even nicer. BMW charges you 3500 in the M5C to add full leather and it’s not even really that mice. Also the stitching is nice but many cheap cars do that so it’s not anything extravagant to do.

I also have a PTS 991.1S and it has full leather, and the door cards are wrapped in leather. I even have my 18 way adaptive sport seat backs in leather. My full leather 718 GTS was also this way. Once you get full leather, Porsche has a lot of leather. You can even get much of the other parts like the steering column in leather and they go all out and it is nothin short of spectacular.
LOL a Macan better feel like an expensive car because it's balls slow for the price you pay. Full leather is nice but you are paying $$$ for it and the base and mid-range Porsches have a lot of plastic. I don't have a horse in this race as I didn't even vote seeing I would have to drive both myself to make an educated decision on what one I liked better.
Appreciate 0