View Single Post
      04-26-2022, 07:38 PM   #23
Kmish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M760i Azurite Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derived View Post
Chiming in to say that after considering one for a couple years, I finally pulled the trigger on an '18 M760 this past weekend, every option except for NV - wish it had it, but not necessary. Maybe a future retrofit...

It's Frozen Dark Brown Metallic/Tartufo...a combo I had never seen until 3 in this spec came up for sale all within a few week's time, at various places around the country. Almost always, I see the frozen brown cars with the smoke white or caramel interiors...was always hopeful that one just like this existed somewhere in the wild. Surprised that 3 do, to be honest.

For me, the general guidelines were "most/all options, Tartufo interior, interesting paint color" - I can't stand black/black, black/white, white/black, or any other common/boring (no offense) color combinations. Seems most in the US are very well optioned, few are lightly optioned but you do see the occasional car that has a head-scratching omission here or there.

Another thing I was firm on (but due to rarity, didn't really have to worry about) - no full executive lounge rear seat package. I'm buying the car to drive, not to be driven in. I don't really like the way the rear center console looks, and I'm not interested in nuking most of the luxury functionality of the front passenger seat just for a rear seat party trick that will get used maybe 5 times at most for the duration of my ownership. Almost all of the time, it will be either me or me and one other person in the car, with occasional passengers in the rear. They will have to slum it without the center console tables and footrest.

Very excited to pick it up, hopefully this weekend. The first time I drove it, I knew I had to have it. It was exactly as good as I hoped it would be, maybe even better. I too was waiting for facelift S65s to come down, but that's seemingly never happening. And the pre-facelift cars are still ridiculous expensive, and are all-around inferior cars to the M760, despite how cool they are. Have always wanted a V12 AMG but will have to scratch that itch at a later time. For now I think the M760i might be one of the best all-around cars on sale today, shame it won't be much longer.
I remember the first time I saw the M760 in Frozen Brown. I loved it. Great color! I owned a 2019 Azurite Black 760 and loved driving it, but my lease was up. I think it is being offered for $89,000 now. I miss the hell out of it. You are really going to enjoy it!
Appreciate 1
Derived16.00