View Single Post
      11-19-2019, 01:50 PM   #16
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

A week after I installed M3 front control arms on my 135 we were on way to JFK airport to start a vacation. It was early morning and still dark and we stopped at Starbucks for coffees for the road. Driving on the parkway about 65mph or so and I reached into the cup holder to take a sip of the still very hot coffee. When I got near my mouth the soft cup crushed in my hand dumping the full cup of steaming stuff right in my lap. Not only did it surprise me but it hurt like hell. I took my off the road for the second or so to deal with this painful problem and quickly looked up seeing the car head for a 45* hit on concrete divider between lanes. At that point I was within a few short feet of slamming it hard. One handed I jerked the wheel hard to the right and the car thankfully reacted immediately. Must have been with 2’ of the barrier and closing fast when it turned. To this day I say the control arms saved the day, I don’t think the car would have reacted that quickly without the camber and stiffer bushings. I had the seats power cleaned when we got home and it worked very well.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0