View Single Post
      04-12-2024, 01:15 PM   #5
Jaywin
Rep
Drives: Bmw 750e

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingtaser View Post
hello into the north!

ha, same here... been mercedes for a very long time, still have my toy car but for every day use it's the i7...

what bmw has become more luxurious in the G70, mercedes has become more sporty. i had a look at the GLS - that's like 2020 tech, gone... G class same... X7 seems also reduced in some capabilities compared to the G70

for me, the new S feels like a C or E, the screen is really at the wrong place and i didn't feel comfy sitting in it (you know, like at home on the couch).

regarding the G70:

- eSIM is still a problem here... telco/bmw not able to fix it properly
- the subwoofer in the i7 is in the trunk making the car sound like a cheaply tuned golf
- the care is huge! depending on your parking habits you might get issues
- the OS is kind of intuitive although there are some drawbacks and stupidites
- the sun burns through the windows (compared to my old S) and the all glass roof heats up
- trunk is smaller and not very convenient

to note as mercedes driver:
- the trunk switch works the opposite...
- the right side mirror lowering angle can't be programmed when driving in reverse
- sunshade on the back can't be risen with the window buttons

-> make sure you get one with active roll stabilisation!

i for myself didn't have any major issues or troubles. had it for 8 month and done 15'000km. would i buy it again? yes, absolutely!

hope that helps
The mirror can be automatically lowered when reversing if you put the mirror adjustment into opposite direction. Yes. It's counter intuitive
Appreciate 1
emre351.50