View Single Post
      03-24-2017, 10:18 PM   #1
AntDX316
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 750xi ///M Performance

Muffler delete was the greatest thing..

Muffler delete (kept center muffler and resonators) was the greatest thing to do for the vehicle. I went Quad tips and diffuser for M-sport. Had to paint diffuser and chose same color as car instead of black crystals. Had to get Midas work custom quad exhaust after delete. The car looks and sounds so natural. The burbles at high RPM shifts + the afterfire madness sounds after downshifting to 1st then stopping is mental. If anyone cares I will take pix and make a vid but if no one does I won't post anything.

I really want exhaust fire but that requires a cat delete and a super aggressive tune.

I did research and it's eq. or better than Maserati and Aston Martin. Also the sound is like AMG. I think the reason why AMG sounds the way it sounds is the muffler is straight through but I haven't done research. Drove an '11 E63 and it sounds nearly the same. I thought it was kind of broken but it was just the exhaust because the exhaust sounds like that now and the acceleration pickup feels far faster than with mufflers. Force induction doesn't like back pressure. This will make the vehicle last longer and require less maintenance. It's more of a prevention thing, ok actually it wasn't but it eats less gas and likes to cruise at a lower RPM because 40mph the car likes to be at 900rpm instead of 1.1 on 8th gear.

The car feels like M more than anything. I drove an F10 M5 and an F86 X6M. I mean the pick up isn't as "insane" but to 60 it does feel like it due to weight of the X6M and the traction problems from the M5. 3rd gear+ of the M5 under full throttle is amazing. Unfortunately this vehicle cannot match but it was a fraction of the price.

Last edited by AntDX316; 03-24-2017 at 10:24 PM..
Appreciate 0