05-31-2020, 05:08 PM   #6
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
I bought the zf fluid as part of a kit from fcpeuro. But there's also a liquimoly alternative which some users on the f3x forum have found to work just fine as well.

BMW's fluid is likely just rebranded ZF fluid fwiw. I also don't think the zf8 is all that picky about fluid as long as you don't go down the "lifetime" fluild route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich.Wolfson View Post
Me too. The kit was wonderful, a good price and comes with a lifetime warranty. I will never use the warranty but that doesn't mean others can't.

If you do it yourself be sure to follow the procedures to the letter to be sure you get all the fluid out and the right amount back in. There are some good videos too with the full procedure. It's not a simple drain and replace.

///Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
100% yes.
Hello all,

First of all thank you for all your replies.
I am however in limbo as the information I am gathering is kind of confusing.

This is the reply from ZF USA:
Thanks for contacting ZF in regards to your X1. The ZF fluid would be the Lifeguard Fluid 6 or BMW Oil No. 8322 0142516 which is used in all ZF equipped BMW's with 6HP transmissions.

The FCP Euro kit is cheaper than the dealer and honestly I will go for it just to be sure I have the OEM oil.
The problem is however that:
- The ZF is saying that my AT is a 6HP and suggests fluid 6.
- The kit suggested by the FCP Euro says 8HP

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-24118612901kt

My transmission is a 8 AT ZF, Should I presume that the code 8 refers to the 8 speed?
Also, is the kit missing the filter?

Thank you
Appreciate 0