View Single Post
      06-20-2017, 06:09 PM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

BMW X1 or Lexus RX 350?

Looking to get some opinions from you guys. Currently driving an M235i and looking into getting a small-ish SUV for practicality and future needs (marriage and kids in next few years maybe). Had an X1 as loaner for a weekend and really liked it.

Only need basic car and use cell phone for navigation. The 2 features I really want is the reclining rear seats and HK sound. Talked to a few dealers and learned that there's no 2017 available with those features unless I go with more loaded ones. For the 2018, the tiered packages and options make it impossible to get just those features (must get premium and convenience).

This past weekend we went to look at the Lexus RX and I really liked it. Yes, it is slower and boring to drive but is super comfortable and plush. Would make a great road trip vehicle. The standard options are also very nice (has reclining rear seats, pedestrian detection, auto braking, etc.). Price-wise it's about $8,000 more than the X1. Which would you guys recommend? Never owned a Lexus but have owned many Toyotas and BMWs. This will be a long term vehicle. Girlfriend has a Camry so it's not absolutely critical that we need to buy an SUV. It'd just be nice for hauling and road trips.

Last edited by BMW F22; 06-20-2017 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 0