Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2008 m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmad View Post
youve got it all wrong there. Most auto magizines have Gulia #1, a4 #2, and the 3 series as #3.
In 2016 i was looking at all the cars in the segment. I drove the a4, q50, 328/335, TLX, genesis, ats/cts. then last year i drove the guilia.
my ranking:
1. A4-which is what i went went. Overall best package. Drove faster, chassis was better than the 3 series hands down. steering was a little numb but def better than the 3 series
2. alfa (i found it too responsive that it was jittery)
3. 3series/infiniti

our e9x was the last generation of 3 series that was the "ultimate driving machine". the chassis and steering feel is not connected anymore.
The standard Giulia is a great handling car but cant take on the 340
Its more than a match for the 328 but atop the 3-series, its still abit short..
The Quadrifoglio is a whole nother beast but it takes on the M3.. they don't take on the 340. Imo the 340 is the better car overall in compare.

While the S4 may be more a match for the top of the 3 lineup tho its a bit more $$$, I don't think the A4 can compare.

Please don't start on Infiniti.. no go

If they fix the styling on the Giulia and give the standard Giulia a power upgrade then lets talk.. but then the G20 is coming so we'll have to see where the bar is then..
the new go to segment is the turbo4. that's what I based my driving research on.

I agree with u on the quadrifolio statement, but not the 340. the more power doesn't make up for the steering/chassis feel

I also drove the XE. lol POS! it had 1200 miles on it. reverse stopped working in my test drive until I restarted the car and the car has a loud supercharger esque whine to it