View Single Post
      06-28-2023, 01:20 PM   #1
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Tree Maintenance

Anyone here know about big trees? Never had to deal with real trees until getting the house in NC and now I have a bunch of big trees. I had a couple tree companies come by and recommend what I needed done. Of course I have no idea if what they say is true or they are just selling me stuff.

Anyways my takeaway so far is topping trees is bad and some seem to have been topped in the past. They recommend trimming 2 big maple trees and 2 large oaks by mainly removing some of the lower growth that's closer to the ground and evening out the rest and removing some of the dead stuff in them.

Unfortunately the previous owner planted like 5 small maples of some kind along the driveway right under the big oak and maple. They are growing completely off to the side trying to get light. Recommendation from everyone was to chop them down.

Out back by the pool I have a HUGE ash tree. It's probably my favorite tree on the property. My concern is roots are getting close to the pool and it does make a mess of leaves over the pool. However everyone has recommended not messing with it and one said it was on it's way out and recommended removing it completely.

Anyways guess just looking for general advice on large tree maintenance, what actually should be done to them, how often etc.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615481.00