View Single Post
      02-18-2024, 02:46 PM   #7
Erinra
Rep
Drives: F31, E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jturbo_M3 View Post
You should probably check the vacuum lines for any cracks, or leaks as that can cause misfires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Also check the rubber intake boots for tears.
Especially the lower one.
There are I believe also some rubber caps that cap off some extra inlets for vacuum hoses at the back of the manifold that tend to disintergrate.
This indeed looks like a vacuum leak somewhere.
Thanks for the replies, I've just got ahold of a new CCV set which I will replace tomorrow (11617533400, 11617533398, 11617533399, 11157532629, 11617504536).
Also the rubber boot (13541438761) and the tube elbow (13541438759).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Misfire? Plugs coils injectors first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I think someting with plugs/coils/injectors would throw a more specific code to 1 cylinder.
I replaced the sparkplugs and I'll post some pictures later, I think the coils looked fine, but maybe a defective coil isnt visable to the naked eye?

(I tried starting the engine after replacing the sparkplugs but It was to no avail but I guess they needed replacing anyway since I don't know the last time they we're replaced)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphTim View Post
All of the above sounds good but I would clear the codes and run some fresh gas with injector cleaner or water remover first.
Oh yeah, Thanks for this tip, I'll get some fuel additive to, it wont harm.

I'm also going to clean the MAF since I'm removing the boots anyway.

I cleaned the codes with a simple ELM327 and phone app, maybe I'll have to plug in my BMW 1.4 scanner and my laptop..

Anything else I missed so far?
Appreciate 0