12-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #72
kv12
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 540i E39, X2 F39, 330 G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
It's hard to say what the target group of the new 7er is. The design language is familiar, the car looks sportier and more streamlined and it will appeal to a younger clientele compared to the S-Class. The question is, is the 7er an S-Class competitor anymore?

It looks to me the answer is no. If rumours for a 9-Series uber luxury (based on the VFL)saloon are true then this might be the real S-Class competitor, henceforth the 7er will occupy a segment between say the 5-Series and the S-Class. More luxurious than the 5er less so than the S-Class.

It looks like it's really not designed as an S-Class competitor. The S oozes luxury, class, comfort and status, this just looks like a big sedan.
That's true, the Wraith Based 8-Series and the Phantom based 9-Series will be more of what the VFL is trying to convey.

However my thought is that the G11 7 Series in it's testing stage is missing many bits of it's garnish which makes it a BMW 7 Series. When those bits of garnish the car will look a lot more luxurious. Not sure how it will compare to the S-Class but lets give it the benefit of the doubt it will be a good one!

Appreciate 0